Saturday, September 14, 2013

I wonder what the truth really is

That building really looks bad.  Once again I decided to ask Fast Eddie what he thought.  Should I simply forget that place or perhaps wait for something that's worth waiting for.

His brother Junior was there, so I got a chance to talk to him too.  Junior used to drive cab, that's where the name is from, he's only Junior in the context of cab driving.  He claimed that the building would get fixed in a few weeks unless the insurance company contests the claim.  How does he figure?  There are a lot of out of work people, a contractor will put as many as 20 people a day on the job, and it will finish fast.

The place continues to advertise for people, and the advertisement says fall semester which is consistent with what Junior was saying.  They told me to get back to them in 3 to 6 months, but that was really quickly after the fire.  So, I wonder.

Are they just putting me off?  In 3 to 6 months I will have moved somewhere, forgotten about them, and the problem of wanting somebody else, who ever comes along beside me, is solved. 

This entry, as the other housing entries will self destruct when I solve my housing issue.

No comments: